Welcome to free math help online,
10 or 11 days were actually deleted from the calendar in
1582 when we shifted to the Gregorian calendar - should we adjust for
those too, and have the big party on Jan. 10, 2002? I think not.
more examples on math forum.
And finally, if Christ was actually born on Dec. 25, then _that_ year
can be considered "the first year of our lord," i.e. the first year of
the new millennium, and the following year (year 1) is the second.
Which would imply that 2000 ushered in a new millennium.
In short, since the historical/calendric situation is so messy, I
believe that we should measure the millennium by noticing when the big
party is, and Prince doesn't party like it's 2000. I think we're in
the new millennium now. learn more on online math forum.
10 or 11 days were actually deleted from the calendar in
1582 when we shifted to the Gregorian calendar - should we adjust for
those too, and have the big party on Jan. 10, 2002? I think not.
more examples on math forum.
And finally, if Christ was actually born on Dec. 25, then _that_ year
can be considered "the first year of our lord," i.e. the first year of
the new millennium, and the following year (year 1) is the second.
Which would imply that 2000 ushered in a new millennium.
In short, since the historical/calendric situation is so messy, I
believe that we should measure the millennium by noticing when the big
party is, and Prince doesn't party like it's 2000. I think we're in
the new millennium now. learn more on online math forum.
No comments:
Post a Comment